Yes, climate change is really occuring and these changes affect many aspects of our lives. Health, which is a critical factor for every human on earth, is affected heavily by climate change. The health of many humans now and in the coming years will change drastically due to changes in climate. The appended presentation presents some proof of climate change and highlights the impact it has on individual health. Health problems related to high temperatures, such as heat stress, natural disaster, and disease are discussed. The consequences seem bleak, but there is a solution to combat climate change, which is to reduce the impact of the changes through mitigation actions, such as the development of renewable resources. Renewable resources, inlcuding biofuels, have proved to be an economically friendly source of energy. Health problems are here to stay while the climate is changing, but there is hope in reducing the climate change through renewable resources and other means.
The goal of this presentation is:
1) To make people aware that the scientific data shows that climate change is real and occurring all around us;
2) To make people aware of the very serious consequences that climate change has upon human health;
3) To inform people about the climate-related diseases and the effects associated with each that occur due to climate change;
4) To focus on the ways that we can help control the effects of climate change;
5) To present ways in which energy consumption can be lowered such as through the use of alternative or renewable energy resources
Power Point Presentation:
TEACHING NOTES / CONTEXT FOR USE
This presentation would be appropriate for a class in which climate change is discussed It would be a valuable introduction to health issues and other serious consequences of climate change.
This presentation shows empirical data regarding climate change and the health issues associated with it.