Length 25-50 minutes; Skill level - non scientist; Publish Date: 2012-08-14
This module looks at how increasing temperatures due to climate change have affected sea level rise and what effects scientist expect in the future, given rising greenhouse gas emissions. The various mechanisms of sea level rise are discussed, as well as the tools and research used to study this topic. The module also discusses how countries and communities are preparing for future increases in sea levels.
- Discuss why increasing sea levels are a concern
- Describe the difference in the rate of change in sea levels over the last 100 years compared to the previous 2000 years
- Describe factors that contribute to sea level rise
- List tools that researchers use to study sea level rise
- Compare current trends in sea level rise along U.S. coasts
- List three methods used to adapt to sea level rise
ACTIVITY DESCRIPTION AND TEACHING MATERIALS
Go to >> Climate Change and Sea Level Rise
Other Module Links:
TEACHING NOTES / CONTEXT FOR USE
- Languages: English
- Publish Date: 2012-08-14
- Skill Level: 0 '
- Completion Time: .25 - .50 h
- Includes Audio: yes
- Required Plugins: Flash
Climate Change and Sea Level Rise Quiz Included
Note: At the request of COMET sponsors, this quiz is designed to demonstrate your successful completion of the module. Because the quiz is being administered online, upon completion you will be given only feedback on which questions you answered correctly and incorrectly. No additional instructional feedback is provided. However, should you need to, you can use this information to revisit the module to determine how to answer correctly and then attempt the quiz again.
REFERENCES AND RESOURCES