ACE is the national leader in high school climate science education.
We're an award-winning national nonprofit dedicated to educating America's high school students about the science behind climate change and inspiring them to do something about it—while having fun along the way.
ACE is committed to building a generational shift to solve climate change. We translate this lofty goal into tangible work through the ACE leadership ladder. By starting with education and small actions before moving up to major projects, ACE grooms leaders who are influencing peers and leading change.
ACTIVITY DESCRIPTION AND TEACHING MATERIALS
This is a resource for high school teachers. This site offers various types of support and resources.
TEACHING NOTES / CONTEXT FOR USE
- We begin by introducing students to the basics of climate science through our award-winning multimedia assembly.
- Next, we encourage students to share a DOT, or a pledge to Do One Thing to help the environment and cool the climate.
- We help motivated students take the next step by starting Action Teams to kickstart carbon-cutting projects at school.
- We offer rigorous half-day leadership trainings on organization and planning for students eager to turbocharge their projects and lead teams.
- Field Correspondents share their thoughts and projects on the ACE blog.
- Youth Reps influence peers, leaders and politicians through persuasive speeches and presentations on climate change, policies and projects.
- The Youth Advisory Board actively consults on all ACE programs.